This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This vegan lemon blueberry bread is a healthy snack full of bright flavor. This quick, easy recipe tastes like summertime.
This vegan lemon blueberry bread recipe is another one that I love. It has a wonderful moist texture, and fresh lemons and berries bring out the most delicious flavor. This lemon blueberry loaf reminds me of summer.
Step by Step Instructions for this Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bread
Step One : Prepare the blueberries
Place the fresh blueberries in a medium bowl and coat them with a tablespoon of flour. This will keep them from discoloring the batter.
Step Two: Prepare the tofu
Place the silken tofu in a small bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip the tofu until it’s smooth. (You could also use a blender or food processor for this).
Step Three: Mix the dry ingredients
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Step Four: Mix the wet ingredients
In a large bowl, mix together the tofu, oil, milk, sugar, fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. Fold in the blueberries.
Step Five: Bake the gluten free lemon blueberry bread
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Tips and Frequently Asked Questions
You can use my gluten-free flour blend to make this lemon loaf. If you’d prefer to use a store-bought gluten free flour, I recommend King Arthur’s and Bob’s Red Mill for gluten-free baking.
I prefer to use fresh blueberries in this recipe to minimize discoloration of the batter. If you want to use frozen blueberries, defrost them first before adding them to the batter.
Use silken tofu for this recipe, not firm tofu. Be sure to follow the recipe instructions and whip the tofu until it’s smooth. Otherwise, you may get stray bits of tofu throughout your vegan lemon blueberry bread.
If you don’t have silken tofu, you can substitute vegan yogurt. And for more of a dessert cake, you can drizzle this loaf with lemon glaze. You can also substitute raspberries or blackberries for the blueberries. This recipe can be made into lemon blueberry muffins instead of bread as well.
Try this blueberry lemon loaf for a light snack or dessert that everyone will love!
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups flour all-purpose or gluten-free
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup oat milk or other non dairy milk
- 2/3 cup organic sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon 1 tbs zest, 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 ½ inch loaf pan.
- Place the blueberries in a small bowl and coat them with a tablespoon of flour.
- Place the silken tofu in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, puree the tofu until it’s smooth. (You could also use a blender or food processor for this).
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the tofu, avocado oil, oat milk, sugar, lemon juice and zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the loaf is brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack in the pan for about 15 minutes, then carefully remove the bread from the pan and place it on the cooling rack to cool completely. Serve within 3 days, or transfer to the freezer in an airtight container for later.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Bread Price Breakdown
This quick bread recipe costs $5.11 to make, or $.64 per serving. This vegan lemon blueberry loaf recipe is such an easy, delicious snack.