This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I love having healthy treats on hand that my whole family can enjoy. This blueberry lemon bread works well as a snack at school or a quick bite after school.
I like to freeze one of the mini-loaves so I can pull it out of the freezer on a day when I’m too busy to bake. My children do eat gluten, but I think it’s good to give them a variety of grains, and they don’t even notice that they’re not eating wheat here.
Blueberry Lemon Bread
- 2 cups gluten-free flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease two mini-loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to the 2 mini loaf pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Alternately, you can use one regular loaf pan (bake for 45-50 minutes) or a muffin pan (bake for 20-25 minutes).
Approximate Nutrition Info
Blueberry Lemon Bread Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $4.55 to make, or $.38 per serving. Pre-packaged gluten-free snacks are expensive, and their ingredient lists typically contain highly processed ingredients.