I can’t get enough of these chocolate zucchini muffins! This is the perfect recipe to make with shredded zucchini. It’s a healthy snack that tastes like dessert.
When I start getting zucchini in my farm share, this recipe for chocolate zucchini muffins jumps to mind. It’s a delicious little snack, and it’s a fun way for my children to eat zucchini. This is one vegetable that they don’t like in any other form, so I make this recipe a lot.
These tasty muffins freeze well, so you can stash some away for a busy day. I like to put these muffins in my children’s snack for school. When they see the muffins in there, they think I gave them dessert by mistake. You can substitute white whole wheat flour if you don’t have gluten-free flour.
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 mashed banana or 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 24-mini-muffin pan and a mini-loaf pan.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients together and then add the dry ingredients. Stir together to combine, and then fold in the zucchini.
- Bake the mini-muffins for 20-25 minutes and the mini-loaf for 45 minutes. Alternately, if you have 2 mini-muffin pans, bake the whole batch in mini-muffin form.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $3.96 to make, or $.33 per serving. A serving is made up of 3 mini-muffins or ¼ of the small loaf. These muffins are a delicious, nutritious, affordable snack that you can feel good about giving to your children (if you don’t eat them all yourself first).