This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Twice baked potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes. They’re full of flavor and they go well with so many different foods. You can load them up with veggies or cover them with chili. Rich in vitamin C and potassium, potatoes are a healthy, affordable food staple. Make sure to eat the skins too, because that’s where most of the nutrients are. I use yogurt to make this recipe creamy and extra flavorful. These twice baked potatoes can be refrigerated for several days or frozen for several months.
If you see a big bag of russet potatoes on sale, buy it and make this recipe. You’ll be so happy to have a stash of these twice baked potatoes in your freezer.
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 3 lbs medium russet potatoes (about 6 potatoes)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese divided (or other cheese)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- scallions or chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and scrub the potatoes. Pierce each potato a couple times with a fork.
- Bake the potatoes on a baking sheet for an hour, or until a sharp knife can be inserted easily into each potato.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and let them sit until they’re cool enough to touch.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh. Transfer this filling to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the yogurt, one cup of cheese, and salt to the potato filling. Mix well with an electric mixer or by hand.
- Place the potato skins in a baking dish and transfer the filling mixture back into the skins. Sprinkle each potato half with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the cheese is melted. You can put them under the broiler for a minute at the end if you want to brown the cheese.
- Sprinkle with diced scallions or other toppings as desired (see Note). Serve warm. These can be refrigerated in an airtight container for several days or transferred to the freezer.
Twice Baked Potatoes Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $4.17 to make, or $.35 per half potato. These twice baked potatoes will add protein, calcium, vitamin C, and potassium to your dinner plate. More importantly, they’re addictively delicious!