These chocolate peanut butter brownies taste sinfully rich, but they’re actually healthier than your average brownie. My family loves this easy gluten-free dessert recipe!
These chocolate peanut butter brownies have a great flavor and texture that comes from the peanut butter. Coconut oil, eggs, and melted chocolate add richness as well.
There’s a bit of controversy in my family about dark chocolate versus lighter chocolate treats. My son doesn’t like dark chocolate, while my husband and daughter do. It’s a balancing act to find just the right chocolate level to satisfy all of them, and this recipe seems to achieve that balance. When in doubt, we add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to bring everyone together.
I typically use unsweetened baking chocolate for my brownies, but you could also use a dark chocolate bar or semi-sweet chocolate chips if that’s what you have on hand. You may want to cut back on the maple syrup a bit if you use sweetened chocolate. Either way, this is a delicious dessert with an extra boost of protein.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Then add the baking chocolate and continue heating the mixture over low heat until the chocolate is melted. Set aside this mixture to cool a bit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, peanut butter, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. I like to err on the side of undercooked for the fudgiest result. Let the brownies cool before cutting.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $8.69, or $.48 per brownie. Try these chocolate peanut butter brownies for an easy, healthy dessert recipe.