This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Apple Pie Granola is such a delicious, healthy breakfast or snack recipe. You won’t be able to stop eating it! (gluten-free, vegan)
My husband walked through the door the other night after an evening work meeting. The house had a warm cinnamon smell coming from the kitchen. “It smells like you made granola for the second night in a row,” he said. He walked into the kitchen and looked at the counter. “You did make granola for the second night in a row.”
Such is life in a house where I’m trying to limit the amount of boxed cereal my family eats. I make many different version of granola.
I had made a chocolate batch the night before at my daughter’s request. And on this night, I had the idea of Apple Pie Granola.
I still had a bag full of apples in the basement fridge, and I thought granola with dried apples and apple pie spices would be a good combination. I was right. I think this is my favorite granola flavor.
I like to make my granola minimally sweet because I don’t want a big sugar rush for breakfast. Taste the mixture before you put it in the oven to see if it’s sweet enough for you. Add a little extra maple syrup if you think it needs it.
You can pick up chewy dried apples at Trader Joe’s, or dehydrate them yourself like I did. Either way, I think you’re going to love this granola.
Apple Pie Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup diced walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup chopped dried apples
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rice cereal, and chopped walnuts.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg. Sprinkle the mixture into the large bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and applesauce. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to cover evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish (or similar). Bake for about an hour. It should bind together easily and feel solid to the touch.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely before breaking apart. Add the diced dried apples to the granola. Store in an airtight container.
Apple Pie Granola Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.14 to make (using store-bought dried apples), or $.80 per 3/4 cup serving. Try this Apple Pie Granola for a healthier alternative to boxed cereal for breakfast or snacktime.