This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy apple bundt cake is a delicious dessert recipe for fall. Everyone will love this gluten-free, dairy-free cake with the best flavors of autumn.
My family never makes it through the early fall without an apple picking excursion. It’s always such a fun day, and we love sampling a variety of different apples. This year, we came home with some macintosh, gala, and honey crisp apples, plus a few other varieties whose names I can’t remember. It’s always a challenge to figure out which is which when we get home.
Our annual apple picking trip wouldn’t be complete without a delicious dessert recipe. I love bundt cakes, so I put together this gluten free apple spice bundt cake with a mix of the different apples from our local orchard.
The chunks of apple in this cake, along with the cinnamon flavor, make it a great recipe for fall. The sweet maple glaze is such a treat, but you can leave it out if you want a lower sugar version. Either way, this is a delicious fall dessert that everyone will love.
Healthy Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped apples peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Then add the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir together, and add the dry ingredients to the large bowl. Stir in the apples.
- Transfer the batter to the pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, stir together the coconut milk and maple syrup in a small pot. Bring to a gentle simmer. In a small bowl, stir together the arrowroot powder and vanilla extract. Add this mixture to the small pot and whisk to thicken for a couple minutes. Use a large spoon to drizzle the glaze all along the top of the cooled cake.
Healthy Apple Bundt Cake Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $10.47 to make, or $.87 per serving. Try this healthy apple bundt cake for a delicious fall dessert.