This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Apple Pie Larabars are an easy, delicious snack that your family will love. Homemade protein bars taste like dessert but they’re actually healthy for you.
I love homemade Larabars. They taste like a treat, but they’re really a healthy, energy-boosting snack. They trick my sweet tooth into thinking it’s gotten what it wanted, and I appreciate that.
This apple pie version of homemade protein bars is truly delicious. It tastes like apple pie, all the way down to the crust.
Apple Pie Larabars Tips
This recipe can be made using a food processor or high-quality blender. I like to leave little bits of the different ingredients to give these bars some texture.
You can shape these treats into bars like I did here, or if you prefer a smaller portion size, you can shape them into 1-inch balls. Either way, you’ll love having these little goodies waiting in your fridge when you want a satisfying snack.
Here’s a quick video that shows how easy it is to make these homemade apple pie Larabars:
Apple Pie Larabars
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup dried apples
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and chop them until a paste is formed. Don’t chop them so much that you can’t see little bits of walnuts, apples, and dates.
- Test to see if the mixture binds together. If not, add a bit of water (up to a tablespoon).
- Transfer the mixture to a 7 x 7 inch or 8 x 8 pan lined with wax paper. Press down evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, and then cut it into 8 bars.
- Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Apple Pie Larabars Price Breakdown
The cost of this recipe is $5.23, or $.65 per serving. This is about half the cost of a store-bought Larabar, and these homemade apple pie Larabars taste even better.
If you enjoy these apple pie Larabars, check out this post that includes recipes for chocolate, banana, and mango Larabars. I also make Pumpkin Pie Larabars and Blueberry Lemon Larabars. I do love these delicious snacks!