This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Pumpkin granola is a healthy breakfast or snack that highlights the flavors of fall. This is a very easy vegan, gluten-free breakfast recipe.
I love having granola on hand for a quick breakfast. We make many different variations of granola in my house, and the flavors change with the seasons.
Pumpkin granola is a healthy, delicious breakfast that highlights the flavors of fall. Your house will smell amazing as this bakes in the oven.
Pumpkin Granola Recipe Tips
This granola is done baking as soon as it’s set, which is about 60 minutes at 300 degrees. It hardens as it cools, so it does get a crisp texture. Make sure to let it cool completely before breaking it into pieces and transferring it to a storage container.
Served over yogurt, this makes a great breakfast or snack. You can also serve it with your milk of choice, or snack on it by the handful.
Feel free to substitute other nuts or grains in this recipe. If you have roasted pumpkin seeds on hand, they would make a nutritious addition to this recipe. I like to mix dried cranberries into my pumpkin granola, but you could use other dried fruits as well.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rice cereal, walnuts, cinnamon, and ginger.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until set. If the mixture is still a bit mushy after 60 minutes, increase the oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, then break up the granola with a spatula and stir in the dried fruit.
- Store the granola in an airtight container. It will keep for several weeks at room temperature.
This recipe costs $6.41 to make and it yields 7 cups, so the cost per ¾ cup serving is $.71. This pumpkin granola is a delicious, whole grain breakfast that will give you energy to start your day on the right track.