These Savory Roasted Cauliflower Bites are a delicious snack or side dish that you’ll love even if you don’t usually like cauliflower. Roasted cauliflower soaks up whatever flavoring you put on it, and this topping transforms this humble vegetable into an addictive snack. With this spice mix, it takes restraint to not eat an entire head of cauliflower in one sitting.
High in fiber, folate, and vitamin C, cauliflower is a great vegetable to put into your rotation. And with a yummy topping like this one, even the kids may get on board. This spice blend tastes great on pumpkin seeds and chickpeas too.
- 1 head cauliflower about 2 lbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the florets from the head of cauliflower and place them in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and mix it around with a large spoon (or your hands).
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the spice blend over the cauliflower. Stir the cauliflower to evenly distribute the spices.
- Roast in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes (until it begins to turn brown), stirring every 10 minutes.
- When the cauliflower begins to get brown, turn on the broiler and place the cauliflower under it for a minute or two to dry it out. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve it immediately, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you’re refrigerating it, put the cauliflower under the broiler for a minute or two before serving.
Savory Roasted Cauliflower Price Breakdown
This recipe generates 3 cups of roasted cauliflower and it costs a total of $2.80 ($2.50 for the head of cauliflower). This comes out to $.47 per half-cup serving. Savory Roasted Cauliflower is an easy recipe that will add some extra vegetables to your day.