This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This savory roasted cauliflower is a delicious, healthy side dish. Even a picky eater will go for this flavorful recipe!
These savory roasted cauliflower bites are a delicious snack or side dish that you’ll love even if you don’t usually like cauliflower.
Roasted cauliflower soaks up whatever flavoring you put on it, and this topping transforms this humble vegetable into an addictive snack or side dish. With this spice mix, it takes restraint to not eat an entire head of cauliflower in one sitting.
High in fiber, folate, and vitamin C, cauliflower is a great vegetable to put into your rotation. And with a yummy topping like this one, even the kids may get on board. This spice blend tastes great on pumpkin seeds and chickpeas too.
Savory Cauliflower Tips
This recipe can be quite spicy, depending on the level of heat in your individual spices. Adjust the seasonings according to your tastes.
I like to roast this savory cauliflower in a 400 degree oven to get the veggies nice and brown. You can turn the oven up even higher (to 425 degrees) if you want the cauliflower to be charred.
To reheat the leftovers, simply place the cauliflower under the broiler in your oven for a couple minutes.
If you’re in a hurry, try my Instant Pot cauliflower for a quick, easy side dish.
Savory Roasted Cauliflower Bites
- 1 head cauliflower about 2 lbs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the florets from the head of cauliflower and place them in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the olive oil and mix it around with a large spoon (or your hands).
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the spice blend over the cauliflower. Stir the cauliflower to evenly distribute the spices.
- Roast in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes (until it begins to turn brown), stirring every 10 minutes.
- When the cauliflower begins to get brown, turn on the broiler and place the cauliflower under it for a minute or two to dry it out. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Serve it immediately, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you’re refrigerating it, put the cauliflower under the broiler for a minute or two before serving.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
This recipe generates 3 cups of cauliflower and it costs a total of $2.80 ($2.50 for the head of cauliflower). This comes out to $.47 per half-cup serving. Savory Roasted Cauliflower is an easy recipe that will add some extra vegetables to your day.