This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These savory roasted chickpeas are an addictive, healthy snack. I’m always looking for different sources of protein to sustain me between meals, and chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) are perfect for this. A half cup of cooked chickpeas has almost 8 grams of protein, which is much higher than most snack foods. They are deliciously crunchy right out of the oven. The texture changes a bit if you store them, but you can get them crispy again by putting them under the broiler for a minute. Check out my Chipotle Lime Chickpeas for a different, but equally delicious, healthy snack recipe.
Savory Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir together the seasonings in a small bowl. Pour them over the chickpeas in a large bowl and stir to coat evenly.
- Place the chickpeas in a single layer in a roasting pan or on a cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- These can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature. As stated above, you may want to put them under the broiler for a minute or two if they've been stored in the container for more than a few hours.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Savory Roasted Chickpeas Price Breakdown
I start with dried chickpeas, which are much cheaper than the canned version. They cost $.17 per cup when you start with dry beans, but they’re $.50 or more per cup when you buy the canned version. The total cost of this recipe is $.55, or $.18 per half-cup serving. These savory roasted chickpeas are a great healthy substitute for the empty carbs we often reach for between meals.