This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Roasted chickpeas are an addictive, high protein snack that taste great with so many different seasonings. My savory roasted chickpeas recipe is one of my most popular posts, and this chipotle lime version is just as delicious. A half cup of cooked chickpeas has almost 8 grams of protein, which is much higher than most snack foods. Leave them in the oven until they’re nice and crispy. You can store them in an airtight container for several days, but you may want to put them under the broiler for a minute to get them crunchy again.
Chipotle Lime Chickpeas Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tsp chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chipotles in adobo sauce, honey, and lime juice.
- Place the cooked chickpeas in a large roasting pan or on a cookie sheet that has sides. Pour the chipotle mixture over the chickpeas and stir to coat. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Cook them for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Toward the end, taste one every few minutes to see if they’re crispy yet.
- Cool the chickpeas before eating.
Chipotle Lime Chickpeas Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $.61, or $.20 per half cup serving. I start with dried chickpeas, which are much cheaper than the canned version. They cost $.17 per cup when you start with dry beans, but they’re $.50 or more per cup when you buy the canned version. This chipotle lime chickpeas recipe makes a healthy snack that you won’t be able to resist.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy chickpeas?