This peanut butter granola has such an amazing flavor! It’s a delicious gluten-free, vegan breakfast or snack.
This peanut butter granola has the flavor of a peanut butter cookie. It’s crunchy and sweet, and the apricots add the perfect fruity touch.
This granola is a wonderful breakfast or mid-afternoon snack. I feel a little guilty when I eat this, even though I know it’s perfectly healthy for me. It’s that good.
If you’re looking for ways to get your children involved in the kitchen, homemade granola is a great place to start. Even young children can help measure and pour the ingredients. The proportions are forgiving, so measurements don’t need to be precise.
Children can stir everything together and help press the mixture down in the baking pan. When it’s done cooking, they can help transfer the granola into a storage container. It’s great to sit back and watch your little chef take over the kitchen.
This peanut butter granola is a favorite, but be sure to also try a few of my other easy granola recipes. There are so many different combinations!
Peanut Butter Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbs peanut butter (single ingredient: peanuts)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried apricots chopped
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix the first oats, brown rice crisp cereal, coconut, and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the syrup, coconut oil, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir to coat evenly.
- Place the mixture in a 9×13 inch baking dish and press down the granola evenly. Bake for about an hour, or until it begins to brown.
- Put the granola on a rack to cool, and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan. Stir in the apricots and store in an airtight container.
Peanut Butter Granola Price Breakdown
The total cost of this recipe is $4.91. It yields 8 cups of granola, or approximately 10 ¾-cup servings. This comes out to $.49 per serving, a great price for a healthy, high-protein breakfast. Your kids will love making a batch of this granola with you.