Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These peanut butter chocolate swirl cookies are a healthier version of the classic peanut butter blossom cookies. This recipe is a great healthy treat.
Peanut butter blossom cookies are a classic holiday treat. You know the ones I’m talking about, with the Hershey’s kiss perched in the middle of a sugar-coated peanut butter cookie. They’re a classic because they’re delicious. But for me, they’re just too sweet.
This recipe gives the peanut butter blossom cookie a healthy makeover, and I think my version tastes even better than the original.
My husband complains about the original version because you don’t get chocolate in every bite. These peanut butter cookies have a more even distribution of chocolate. They’re also free of gluten and they have less sweetener. I could sit down and eat a whole bunch of them any time of day.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Swirl
Ingredients for cookies
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter single ingredient: peanuts
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for chocolate swirl
- 1 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add the milk, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Beat well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until incorporated.
- Take a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Flatten the ball a little and place it on a cookie sheet. Continue with the remaining dough and bake for 8-9 minutes. Don’t let the cookies get brown or they will come out dry. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the chocolate swirl, melt the coconut oil and the chocolate chips. Drizzle over the cooled peanut butter cookies and let the chocolate set.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies Price Breakdown
This makes about 3 dozen cookies. The total cost of this recipe is $5.33, or $.15 per cookie. These peanut butter chocolate swirl cookies are much healthier than the traditional peanut butter blossoms, and I don’t think you’ll miss the original version after you taste these.
Try my pumpkin gingerbread bundt cake for another delicious holiday dessert.
I think I’ll try making these for my son (13 months). It’s great to see healthy cookies 🙂 He wants everything his big sister has but I don’t want him having sugar or chocolate yet. So these look perfect! Maybe I’ll make a maple icing to drizzle on top.
That sounds delicious! They would taste good even without the drizzle, but the little one might notice that something is missing.
These look nothing short of amazing! WOW! Each week I am amazed by the wonderful loyal bloggers that return each week to link up their yummy food and information! I am so happy that each week we have a few new bloggers that join our group!
Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! 🙂
I hope to see you again next week!
Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com
Thanks, Cindy. And thanks for hosting!