This Instant Pot cauliflower is so easy to make. It’s a healthy side dish recipe, and you can’t beat the zero minute cook time! (vegan, gluten-free)
For those nights when I’m short on time, this quick Instant Pot cauliflower is the ideal side dish. It cooks while the pot comes to pressure (5 to 10 minutes), so it only needs a cook time of zero minutes. This method works for many other vegetables as well, including broccoli and asparagus.
Tips for Instant Pot Cauliflower
If you’re making a cauliflower mash or another recipe that calls for steamed cauliflower, this is the easiest way to prepare it. Just skip the seasonings and follow the Instant Pot cooking instructions below.
One important tip for making this recipe is to release the pressure immediately when the pot beeps after coming to pressure, and quickly remove the cauliflower from the pot. If you leave it in for a few extra minutes, it’ll be mushy.
I like to season the cauliflower before cooking it, but you can also sprinkle on the seasoning after cooking if you’d prefer. Adjust the spices according to your family’s tastes, adding more or less chili powder as desired.
Use a stainless steel steamer basket rather than the rack that comes with the Instant Pot. If you cut your veggies too small, they’ll fall through the gaps in the rack into the water.
Kids will enjoy this cauliflower dipped in Ranch dressing, but it’s also delicious on its own. Watch this video to see how easy it is to make pressure cooker cauliflower on a busy night:
Instant Pot Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 lbs)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it into bite-sized florets. Place it in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the smoked paprika, salt, and chili powder. Sprinkle the mixture over the cauliflower, and stir to coat evenly. Transfer the cauliflower to a steamer basket that will fit in your Instant Pot.
- Place 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot, then put the steamer basket in the pot. Cover the lid and turn the vent to Sealing.
- Set the pot to Manual High Pressure for 0 minutes. The cauliflower will be cooked by the time the pot comes to pressure. Use a quick release and carefully remove the steamer basket from the pot immediately after the pot comes to pressure. Serve warm.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $3.08 to make, or $.39 per serving. Enjoy this easy pressure cooker cauliflower on a busy night.