This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This cauliflower curry is such a delicious, healthy recipe. Make this vegan dish for lunch or dinner. It’s addictive!
I could eat this cauliflower curry for lunch every day. I wouldn’t get tired of it for a long, long time.
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables, and I love how it soaks up the flavors of different sauces. It’s like a little sponge.
A friend of mine recently told me about Trader Joe’s Curry Simmer Sauce. I gave it a try with cauliflower and lentils. It was too spicy for me, but it got me thinking.
The homemade red curry sauce in this cauliflower curry is my toned-down version of that Trader Joe’s sauce. Lentils, cauliflower, and red pepper make a delicious combination here, but you can use any vegetables you like. I use Trader Joe’s curry powder, which is fairly mild. Feel free to increase the spices for a more fiery curry.
For some other easy curry dishes, try my curry chicken salad, slow cooker apple chicken curry, and sheet pan chicken curry with vegetables. There are so many different ways to enjoy this irresistible flavor!
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth or other broth
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils 1 cup dry
- 2 scallions diced
- In a large skillet, combine tomato sauce, broth, maple syrup, curry powder, cumin, and salt. Stir together and cook over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the chopped cauliflower. Cover the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the red pepper. Continue to cook, covered, until the vegetables are almost tender (another 5 to 10 minutes). Add the cooked lentils and cook for another couple minutes, until everything is tender.
- Serve warm with scallions on top.
Cauliflower Curry Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.19 to make, or $.77 per one-cup serving. Try this cauliflower curry for a healthy, affordable lunch or dinner.