This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I could eat this Cauliflower Curry for lunch every day. I wouldn’t get tired of it for a long, long time.
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables, and I love how it soaks up the flavors of different sauces. It’s like a little sponge.
A friend of mine recently told me about Trader Joe’s Curry Simmer Sauce. I gave it a try with cauliflower and lentils. It was too spicy for me, but it got me thinking.
This homemade red curry sauce is my toned-down version of that Trader Joe’s sauce. Lentils, cauliflower, and red pepper make a delicious combination here, but you can use any vegetables you like. I use Trader Joe’s curry powder, which is fairly mild. Feel free to increase the spices for a more fiery curry.
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth or other broth
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils 1 cup dry
- 2 scallions diced
- In a large skillet, combine tomato sauce, broth, maple syrup, curry powder, cumin, and salt. Stir together and cook over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the chopped cauliflower. Cover the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the red pepper. Continue to cook, covered, until the vegetables are almost tender (another 5 to 10 minutes). Add the cooked lentils and cook for another couple minutes, until everything is tender.
- Serve warm with scallions on top.
Cauliflower Curry Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.19 to make, or $.77 per one-cup serving. Try this Cauliflower Curry for a healthy, affordable lunch or dinner.