This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This grilled chicken salad recipe is bursting with the flavor of winter citrus fruit. It makes a delicious, healthy dinner to brighten a winter evening.
I love bright, beautiful food in the wintertime. It somehow distracts me from the stark environment outside my New England window. It promises of warmer days and produce crops filling the fields at my farm share.
This citrus chicken salad recipe is just the thing to make me smile on a winter night. I love how the sweet and tart citrus flavors come together in this salad. And the grilled chicken is enough to make it into a hearty meal.
Citrus Chicken Salad Tips
Use a meat thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature of the chicken while it cooks. It should come to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Dress the salad just before serving so the lettuce doesn’t get soggy. If you don’t plan to serve the whole salad at once, store the undressed portion in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Try my chicken salad with grapes and almonds for another delicious chicken dish.
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of lettuce chopped
- 1/3 cup citrus vinaigrette
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3 mandarins or clementines sliced
- 1 grapefruit sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together the orange juice, lemon juice, and olive oil. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow container and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour the juice mixture over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on a grill or in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees in the middle of the chicken. Keep a close eye on the temperature so the chicken doesn’t come out dry.
- Let the chicken cool a bit, then cut it into thin strips. Set aside.
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl and dress it with the citrus vinaigrette. Transfer the lettuce to a serving platter. Top with the chicken, red pepper, mandarins, grapefruit, and walnuts. Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $10.48 to make, or $2.62 per serving. Enjoy this grilled chicken salad recipe for a burst of color, flavor, and nutrition.