This grilled chicken salad recipe is bursting with the flavor of winter citrus fruit. It makes a delicious, healthy dinner to brighten a winter evening.
I love bright, beautiful food in the wintertime. It somehow distracts me from the stark environment outside my New England window. It promises of warmer days and produce crops filling the fields at my farm share.
This grilled chicken salad recipe is just the thing to make me smile on a winter night. I love how the sweet and tart citrus flavors come together in this salad. And the grilled chicken is enough to make it into a hearty meal.
This week’s Sunday Supper is all about winter salads. Check out the other delicious recipes listed at the bottom of this post. There’s enough inspiration to get you through the rest of winter and early spring. The fields will be full of fresh crops before we know it.
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
$2.62 per serving
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head of lettuce chopped
- 1/3 cup citrus vinaigrette
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3 mandarins or clementines sliced
- 1 grapefruit sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
In a small bowl, mix together the orange juice, lemon juice, and olive oil. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow container and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour the juice mixture over the chicken.
Cook the chicken on a grill or in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees in the middle of the chicken. Keep a close eye on the temperature so the chicken doesn’t come out dry.
Let the chicken cool a bit, then cut it into thin strips. Set aside.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl and dress it with the citrus vinaigrette. Transfer the lettuce to a serving platter. Top with the chicken, red pepper, mandarins, grapefruit, and walnuts. Enjoy!
Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $10.48 to make, or $2.62 per serving. Enjoy this grilled chicken salad recipe for a burst of color, flavor, and nutrition.
#SundaySupper Winter Salads
- Amish Ham Salad from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Arugula, Butternut & White Bean Salad with Maple Vinaigrette from Pook’s Pantry
- Arugula Salad with Maple Vinaigrette from Cooking Chat
- Beet Terrine from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Blood Orange and Salmon Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Blood Orange, Beet, and Apple Salad with Goat Cheese and Citrus Honey Vinaigrette from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Blue Cheese and Pear Salad from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Breakfast Salad from Our Good Life
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with White Bean Dressing and Pecan Crisps from Beauty and the Beets
- Chill Chasing Matchstick Vegetable Pasta Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Roasted Root Vegetables and Bacon from MyGourmetConnection
- Citrus Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cobb Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Colorful Veggie Filled Quinoa with a Ginger-Lemon Dressing from Positively Stacy
- Crunchy Beet & Arugula Salad from The Crumby Cupcake
- Escarole and Roasted Broccoli Salad with Anchovy Dressing from The Texan New Yorker
- Farro Salad with Roasted Squash, Radicchio and Lemon-Tahini Dressing from Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Chicken Salad from Real Food Real Deals
- Hot German Hot Noodle Salad from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Kale Salad with Lemony Tahini Dressing from My Life Cookbook
- Lemony Couscous Lentil Salad from Magnolia Days
- Low-Carb Spinach Breakfast Salad from Life Tastes Good
- Mandarin Tossed Salad from Meal Planning Magic
- Orange and Walnut Baby Spinach Salad w/ Quinoa and Citrus Vinaigrette from The Freshman Cook
- Quinoa Salad with Apples, Pecans and Dried Cranberries from The Chef Next Door
- Radicchio Pear Walnut Salad from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pearl Couscous Salad from Mysavoryspoon
- Roasted Savoy Cabbage Slaw with Spicy Bacon Dressing from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Squash and Cabbage Salad with Crispy Chick Peas from Monica’s Table
- Shredded Beet Salad from Wholistic Woman
- Simple Arugula, Fennel and Leek Salad with Citrus from Simply Healthy Family
- Simple Spinach Cobb Salad With Lardons from And She Cooks
- Spinach Citrus Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette from From Gate to Plate
- Warm Balsamic Steak Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing from Momma’s Meals
- Warm Cabbage Salad with Bacon and Goat Cheese from Nik Snacks
- Warm Cauliflower Spinach Salad with Pancetta from Taste and See
- Warm Potato and Broccoli Buffalo Salad from Sweet Mornings
- Warm Potato Salad with Arugula, Bacon and Brown Butter from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Warm Steak Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from Family Foodie
- Wilted Lettuce Salad from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Winter BLT Panzanella Salad from Hardly a Goddess
- Winter Citrus and Endive Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Winter Fruit Salad from Pies and Plots
- Winter Kale and Wild Rice Salad from Moore or Less Cooking
- Winter Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Winter Salad with Fennel, Apple, Goat Cheese and Radishes from Delaware Girl Eats
- Winter Squash Quinoa Salad from Kitchen Gidget
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Wild Rice Salad plus more Winter Salad Recipes #SundaySupper from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.