This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This chopped Greek salad recipe is a delicious meatless meal or side dish. It’s full of fresh vegetables and just the right amount of savory goodness.
I love the flavors of a Greek salad. The strong, salty taste of feta and olives blends perfectly with the mild cucumbers, sweet tomatoes, and zingy red onion. There’s so much flavor that you almost don’t need a dressing.
And I always prefer a chopped salad to a standard salad. Who wants to cut the lettuce into smaller pieces when they’re actually eating the salad? It makes so much more sense to chop everything finely ahead of time so when it’s time to eat, you can just eat!
When Jamie Oliver makes a chopped salad, he puts all the ingredients on a big cutting board and chops them together. I wish this method would work for me, but no matter how big the board, vegetables inevitably fly off the cutting board in all directions when I try this. Chopping them one at a time is easier for me, but feel free to use Jamie’s method if you have better chopping control than I do. Either way, you’ll love the vibrant flavor of this delicious chopped Greek salad.
Chopped Greek Salad Recipe
For the Salad
- 1 medium head of lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
For the Dressing
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- On a large cutting board, chop each of the salad ingredients. I like to cut the cherry tomatoes in half, but you don’t have to do that if they’re small. Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or jar, stir together the dressing ingredients. You probably won’t need all the dressing, so start by pouring half of it over the salad. Mix together and take a taste. Add more dressing if needed.
- Serve immediately. If you make the salad ahead of time, store the lettuce separately from the other ingredients. Mix everything together and dress just before serving.
Chopped Greek Salad Recipe Price Breakdown
This salad costs a total of $7.91 to make, or $1.98 per serving. Try this chopped Greek salad recipe for a light, flavorful dinner any time of year.