This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This black bean corn salad recipe is a delicious side dish or light meal full of fresh summer vegetables from the farmers market.
This black bean corn salad is one of my favorite side dish recipes. I’ve sampled different versions over the years at various potluck events, and I always go back for seconds. The combination of black beans, corn, and other vegetables with a lime dressing has an irresistible flavor.
This recipe is a great base, but I recommend personalizing it to your tastes. Add diced chili peppers, chipotles in adobo sauce, or hot sauce for some kick. A little cumin and honey are nice additions, too. I use raw corn straight from the cob, but you can cook it briefly if you prefer it that way. There are so many ways to enjoy this delicious salad.
Black Bean Corn Salad
- 3 cups black beans rinsed if canned
- 2 ears of corn kernels removed (about 2 cups)
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 tbs diced red onion
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the black beans and vegetables. I like raw corn right off the cob, but you can cook it briefly if you’d prefer.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Taste the salad and add more salt or other seasonings as desired.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Black Bean Corn Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.46 to make, or $.58 per cup. Try this Black Bean Corn Salad for a delicious side dish or light meal.