This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This rainbow detox salad is a delicious combination of healthy ingredients that will help reboot your system after too many indulgences. It’s an easy, kid-friendly side dish recipe.
When the holiday season is over, it’s a good idea to reset our bodies after indulging in lots of festive treats.
There are many different suggestions for “detoxing,” or removing toxins from our bodies that build up over time.
I don’t like to get caught up in trendy diets or fads related to health. For me, the easiest way to detox is to eat lots of produce. This is a simple, effective way to recharge our systems and strengthen our immunity.
Rainbow Detox Salad
This salad is a delicious combination of fruit, vegetables, and plain yogurt. It’s a healthier version of a Waldorf salad, which typically features a mayonnaise dressing. Plain yogurt is a better option, and a little honey gives it just the right flavor.
Eating a big scoop of this salad gives you a few servings of produce all at once. My kids enjoy this salad alongside their breakfast or lunch. This recipe makes a big batch of 10 half cup servings, so there are plenty of leftovers.
For a variation, you could add some mild shredded greens, such as kale or spinach, to this rainbow detox salad. Either way, it’s a delicious recipe that will help you reach your daily produce quota.
Other Detox Recipes
Rainbow Detox Salad
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 orange pepper chopped
- 2 medium red apples cored and chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup diced almonds or walnuts
- ½ cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. diced chives
- Chop the celery, pepper, and apples. Place them in a large bowl, and stir in the raisins and nuts.
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, honey, and salt. Pour the dressing over the fruit and vegetable mixture. Stir to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the salad with diced chives. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.