This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Avocado Summer Salad is a healthy side dish full of vegetables and packed with nutrition. It’s a delicious, easy recipe!
In addition to being delicious, avocados are a nutritional powerhouse with nearly 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients in a one-ounce serving. Their creaminess makes them a great substitute for mayonnaise in dressings and dips.
My favorite way to eat avocados is in a salad, and this avocado summer salad is a great example. Whenever I eat a salad that doesn’t include avocado, I’m a little disappointed. Their soft, creamy texture complements the crunchier elements of a typical salad.
This avocado summer salad is a unique, healthy summer side dish that will hold up well at your next barbecue. The lemon juice in the dressing helps the avocados to maintain their green color.
Full of fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, crunchy bell peppers and cucumbers, this salad is bursting with flavor.
Avocado Summer Salad
- 2 medium ears of corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tbs diced red onion
- 2 medium avocados chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tbs honey
- 3/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- Blanch the ears of corn for 2 minutes in boiling water. Transfer the corn to a bowl of cold water.
- Cut the corn off the cobs and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and onion to the bowl. Stir to combine evenly.
- Add the chopped avocado and stir gently.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl to make the dressing. Pour over the salad and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Avocado Summer Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $5.13 to make, or $.86 per one-cup serving. This salad is a healthy, flavorful side dish that takes advantage of fresh summer produce from the farm.