This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These peach mango burrito bowls are so delicious for a light summer dinner. Sweet and savory flavors come together in this healthy recipe.
Burrito bowls are my go-to dinner when I’m out at a Mexican restaurant. I don’t really want the tortilla, I just want the stuff inside.
The key to a great burrito bowl is a great salsa. This homemade peach mango salsa is so full of flavor. I love the combination of savory and sweet, with a little kick of spice from the jalapenos.
I fill these burrito bowls with beans, rice, shredded chicken, and salsa. You can adapt this recipe to include any of your favorite burrito fillings. Avocados, cheese, and sour cream are a few ideas for additions to this light, hearty dish.
At $.85 per serving, you can’t do much better than this for a healthy dinner!
Peach Mango Burrito Bowls
- 2 peaches peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 2 tbsp shallots diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (4 oz)
- 4 1/2 cups cooked rice
- In a large bowl, make the salsa by stirring together the peaches, mango, shallots, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- To assemble the bowls, start with a layer of rice (3/4 cup) in each bowl. Top with beans, chicken, and salsa. Serve warm.
Peach Mango Burrito Bowls Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $5.10 to make, or $.85 per serving. Try these delicious peach mango burrito bowls for a light, healthy meal.
And check out this avocado breakfast burrito bowl for another easy recipe.