This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Avocado Breakfast Burrito Bowl is a delicious and nourishing way to start your day. Try this easy recipe for a fun twist on the classic breakfast burrito.
My family is happy to eat breakfast any time of day. It’s definitely our favorite meal, and we like to slow down and spend a little extra time on the weekends enjoying breakfast together. Pancakes and waffles are fun treats, but I personally prefer a savory meal for breakfast.
This avocado breakfast burrito bowl is such a delicious combination of flavors. Seasoned beans and scrambled eggs are the classic base for a breakfast burrito, and fresh avocados along with a creamy avocado dressing take this meal to the next level. The combination of flavors and textures makes this such a satisfying dish.
February is American Heart Month, and I’m excited to team up with the Hass Avocado Board and the American Heart Association to help spread the word about one of my favorite foods. These two organizations have teamed up to encourage Americans to get their daily quota of fruits and vegetables. Produce can be a powerful weapon against cardiovascular disease, stroke, and diabetes.
Avocados, which are a fruit, although most people think of them as a vegetable, contain less than one gram of sugar per 1-ounce, the least amount of sugar per serving of any other fresh fruit.
Fresh avocados are heart-healthy. They provide naturally good fats, are low in saturated fat, and are cholesterol- and sodium-free. With over 600,000 Americans dying from heart disease each year, this little fruit is a great resource for a healthy diet.
Avocado Breakfast Burrito Bowl
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup red pepper chopped
- 15 oz can low sodium pinto beans
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 fresh Hass avocados* halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup low sodium salsa verde
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and sauté until soft. Then add the red pepper and continue to cook over medium low heat until softened.
- Add the pinto beans, chili powder, and cumin to the skillet. Cook briefly to warm the beans, then cover the skillet and turn off the burner.
- Chop the tomatoes and 1 1/2 avocados into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- To make the avocado crema, combine the remaining 1/2 avocado along with the almond milk, shallot, and salsa verde in a blender. Process to combine well.
- In a small bowl, scramble together the eggs and egg whites. In a clean skillet, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and cook eggs over medium low heat to make scrambled eggs.
- Divide the bean mixture among four bowls. Top with the cherry tomatoes, avocado pieces, and scrambled egg. Drizzle each plate with the avocado crema.
- Serving Suggestion: Garnish with cilantro.
Avocado Breakfast Burrito Bowl Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.94 to make, or $1.99 per serving. Try this delicious avocado breakfast burrito bowl for a fun, healthy meal any time of day.