This Purple Detox Smoothie is a deceptively delicious recipe that will help detoxify your body. Nobody will taste the cabbage or kale!
Smoothies make it so easy to get lots of nutrients into your body all at once.
This Purple Detox Smoothie is deceptively delicious. It’s sweet and refreshing, and nobody will be able to taste the red cabbage or kale. My children don’t especially enjoy cabbage in other forms, but they don’t have a problem with it in this smoothie.
Our bodies naturally detoxify themselves, with the liver doing the bulk of the work. But we can help things out by drinking extra water, avoiding sugary foods, and including lots of fruits and vegetables in our diets.
Purple Detox Smoothie Tips
Cabbage, blueberries, and kale are extra helpful with the detox process, so this smoothie can give your system a real boost. Plus, the purple is so fun, right?
Be sure the put the liquid ingredients into the blender first, followed by the solid ingredients. This makes it easier for your blender to yield a smooth drink.
Visit my other healthy smoothie recipes for more ideas.
Purple Detox Smoothie
- 1 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 leaves medium kale chopped
- Place the liquid in the blender, followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Puree the mixture until smooth. A high-quality blender should achieve this without the need to strain the smoothie.
- Taste the mixture to see if it needs a bit of maple syrup for extra sweetness. If your banana is ripe, the smoothie shouldn’t need any added sweetener.
- Divide the drink into 2 glasses and serve. This can also be refrigerated for later.
Purple Detox Smoothie Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $1.29, or $.65 per one-cup serving. Try this delicious smoothie for a healthy snack or breakfast.