This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy apple smoothie recipe is an easy way to enjoy the flavor of apple pie without all the work or sugar. This apple banana smoothie is the perfect fall drink!
I’m always trying to get creative during apple season. My family loves to go apple picking, so we find ourselves with an overabundance of apples this time of year.
I love all the baked goods that apples can inspire, like this healthy apple bundt cake. But sometimes I just want to make something easy. As in, five minutes and done. This apple smoothie recipe is just the thing for days like those.
You can get the delicious flavor of apple pie without all the fuss. The banana and maple syrup sweeten the apples in this smoothie, and the spices give it just the right taste.
Apple Banana Smoothie Tips
I like using coconut milk in smoothies to generate a creamy texture. And with homemade coconut milk, it doesn’t cost any more than conventional cow’s milk. But any milk will do if you have another preference.
Be sure to put the milk in the blender first, rather than the fruit. This will allow the blender blade to work efficiently. In an apple banana smoothie, the blade can get jammed on the hard apple and frozen banana pieces if there isn’t enough liquid surrounding it.
As with most smoothies, this tastes best the day it’s made. We never have leftovers when we make this delicious recipe.
Apple Smoothie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 lb apples
- 1 ripe banana sliced and frozen
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (or up to 1/4 tsp)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of ginger
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Cut the apples in quarters and remove the cores. You can leave the skins on if you’re using a high-powered blender. There are lots of nutrients and fiber in the peels. (Use organic apples if possible.)
- Place the coconut milk in the blender first, then add the apples, banana, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger, and ice cubes.
- Process the ingredients until smooth. You may still see little bits of apple peel in the smoothie, but they’ll be small enough that you won’t notice them when you’re drinking it.
- Divide into four glasses and serve.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Fall Smoothie Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.33, or $.58 per one-cup serving. Try this healthy apple smoothie recipe to get a taste of apple pie without all the work.