This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Instant Pot pumpkin bread has the same delicious flavor and texture as oven-baked pumpkin bread. Instant Pot bread is perfect for those times when your oven isn’t available.
Sometimes in early fall, it’s still hot enough outside that I don’t want to turn on my oven. On those days, I turn to my pressure cooker instead.
An Instant Pot is great for making moist desserts like cheesecake, banana bread, and this Instant Pot pumpkin bread. Since they’re steam-cooked in a pressure cooker, they can’t possibly come out dry. This recipe is quite foolproof.
Why Make Bread in the Instant Pot?
Warm weather isn’t the only reason I like to make pumpkin bread in the Instant Pot. There are several other benefits to this type of dessert recipe:
- During a kitchen renovation, you can still have freshly baked bread without an oven.
- On Thanksgiving or another special occasion, this recipe frees up your oven for other dishes.
- If you’re away from home at a hotel or on a camping trip, you can bring your Instant Pot and bake fresh pumpkin bread during the trip (assuming you have an outlet).
- If you don’t have time to keep checking on your pumpkin bread in the oven to see if it’s done yet, use your Instant Pot and walk away until it’s done.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Bread Tips
A regular loaf pan doesn’t fit in my 6 quart Instant Pot, so I use 2 mini loaf pans to cook this bread. Another good option is a round 7 cup glass Pyrex container. If you use the Pyrex dish, increase the cook time to 60 minutes.
This recipe has a fairly prominent pumpkin spice flavor. For a more subtle flavor, you can cut back a bit on the cinnamon and ginger.
I use gluten free flour for my Instant Pot pumpkin bread. If you’d prefer a wheat version, substitute regular flour or half white and half whole wheat flour.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can make this bread in a 350 degree oven. With a regular 8 by 4 inch loaf pan, the cook time is about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Bread
- Grease two mini loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. Sift or whisk the flour mixture to combine evenly.
- In a large bowl, mix together the egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, and pumpkin puree. Add the dry ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the mini loaf pans. Place a small piece of parchment paper on top of each pan, then cover it with foil.
- Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot. Then place the trivet into the pot, and place the foil-covered loaf pans on the trivet. (In my 6-quart Instant Pot, one of the loaf pans gets propped next to the other one because there isn’t quite enough space for both of them on the trivet.) Cover the pot and set the seal to Sealing.
- Set the pot to cook for 45 minutes at manual high pressure. (If using a round dish like the 7-cup Pyrex, increase the cook time to 60 minutes). Once the cook time is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then release the remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Carefully remove the loaf pans from the pot using oven mitts, and place the bread on a cooling rack. Remove the parchment and foil, and allow the loaves to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the loaf pans. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Enjoy within 2 or 3 days, or freeze for later.
This recipe costs $4.83 to make, or $.40 per serving. Try this delicious pumpkin bread for an easy fall dessert.