This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Citrus kale salad is a bright, healthy side dish recipe that features baby kale, a more tender version of the thick kale used for kale chips. The citrus dressing is delicious!
I recently discovered baby kale at the grocery store. I was excited to see that there’s more to kale than the big, tough greens I get from my farm share.
Baby kale is perfect for a raw salad recipe because it’s so tender. This citrus kale salad pairs baby kale with oranges and a few veggies for good measure.
The lemon lime dressing is bright and flavorful. This recipe is a powerhouse of nutrients, but it tastes sweet and refreshing. That makes it the ideal side dish in my book!
You can substitute other vegetables according to what you have on hand, and try grapefruit for a tangier citrus taste. Serve this salad with grilled chicken or salmon for a light dinner.
If you have traditional kale in your produce drawer, try my easy roasted kale chips for a healthy snack or side dish.
Citrus Kale Salad
- 6 cups baby kale
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced radish
- 2 small oranges sliced and broken into segments
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large serving bowl, mix together the baby kale, red cabbage, radish, and orange segments.
- In a small bowl or jar, stir together the dressing ingredients.
- When ready to serve, pour some of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Taste and see if the salad needs more dressing. You’ll probably have a little dressing left over. (Store it in the fridge for another day.)
- Serve immediately.
Citrus Kale Salad Price Breakdown
This citrus kale salad costs a total of $5.76 to make, or $.96 per serving. Try this bright, delicious salad for a burst of nutrition and flavor.