This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This easy kale salad recipe features mandarin oranges and a citrus dressing. It’s made up of convenient pantry ingredients, so it’s a great healthy salad that you can make all year long!
Kale comes fast and furious from my farm share at different points during the year. It’s one of the hearty greens that grows throughout the growing season here in Massachusetts, so I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy it.
This kale salad with mandarin oranges works during any time of year because aside from the kale, all the ingredients are staples that I always have on hand. The citrus dressing and fruity toppings give this salad a delicious flavor that even kale skeptics will like.
Kale Salad with Citrus Dressing
It couldn’t be easier to assemble this delicious salad. Even though it’s so simple, it’s also pretty enough to serve on Thanksgiving or another special occasion.
Easy Kale Salad Recipe
For the Dressing
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs orange juice
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tbs water
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Salad
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup wild blueberries defrosted
- 3/4 cup mandarin oranges or clementine sections
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Grated Parmesan for garnish optional
- To make the dressing, place all the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine.
- Wash the kale and remove the leaves from the thick stems. Chop the kale into bite-sized pieces and place it in a large bowl.
- Pour about half of the dressing over the greens and toss to coat evenly. Taste the greens and add additional dressing as desired.
- Top the dressed kale with the blueberries, almonds, golden raisins, and mandarin oranges.
- Garnish with fresh grated Parmesan if desired and serve.
Kale Salad with Mandarin Oranges Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.51 to make, or $.94 per serving. Try this citrus salad recipe for a quick, healthy side dish full of flavor.
And check out this avocado quinoa salad for another light dish you can enjoy any time of year.