This curry chicken salad recipe is a healthy combination of savory and sweet flavors. It’s delicious on a sandwich or a bed of lettuce.
Chicken salad is a delicious lunchtime classic. I love all the different variations you can use to customize this dish.
My children like chicken salad with grapes, which is a nice mild variation on the original. But this curry chicken salad is even better in my opinion. The curry flavoring along with the sweet raisins and crunchy celery elevates this dish to the next level. Turmeric adds the signature yellow color, and it also brings its anti-inflammatory properties to the table.
This recipe is great for potlucks because the flavors get better with time. Make it the day before the event, and it will be ready to go when you are. People will be coming back to the buffet table for seconds after they taste this.
Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 scallions diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup diced walnuts
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or organic mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken in a covered baking dish, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Insert a meat thermometer into the chicken to ensure that it has a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees. Try not to overcook the chicken or it will be a bit dry. Let the chicken cool on a cutting board, then cut it into cubes (yields about 3 cups).
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add the celery, scallions, raisins, and walnuts to the bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the yogurt (or mayonnaise), lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and turmeric. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture, and stir to coat evenly.
- Transfer the curry chicken salad to an airtight container and refrigerate.
Curry Chicken Salad Recipe Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $5.49 to make, or $.92 per serving. Try this curry chicken salad recipe for a delicious, healthy lunch or addition to a potluck menu.