This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Chicken salad with grapes and almonds is a classic potluck recipe that’s the perfect combination of savory and sweet.
This chicken salad with grapes and almonds is a delicious combination of savory and sweet flavors. Adapted from this Whole Foods Market recipe, this salad was a big hit at an extended family gathering we hosted recently.
The almonds give this chicken salad a little crunch, and the grapes bring the perfect amount of sweetness.
I love seeing healthier options on a buffet table, so I like to use Greek yogurt in place of some of the mayonnaise to make this salad a little healthier. The flavor is still what people are used to with chicken salad, and it can be served over lettuce or on bread for an easy lunch dish.
This recipe yields 9 cups of chicken salad, or 12 servings (3/4 cup each). You can cut it in half if you aren’t feeding a big group.
Serve this recipe with my Instant Pot potato salad for a fun summer meal!
Chicken Salad with Grapes and Almonds
- 2 lbs. cooked chicken
- 2 cups red grapes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup almonds diced
- 3 stalks of celery sliced
- 1/2 cup organic mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbs. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the chicken, cut it into bite-sized pieces, and place it in a large bowl. You can use a whole chicken, or you can bake 2 pounds of chicken breasts. (I like to cook them quickly in my Instant Pot.)
- Slice the grapes and celery and add them to the bowl. Dice the almonds and add them to the bowl.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients for the dressing and pour it over the chicken mixture. Stir to combine well, and season generously with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Chicken Salad with Grapes and Almonds Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $9.59 to make, or $.80 per serving. Bring this chicken salad to your next potluck. Everyone will love it!