This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This chipotle chicken taco salad recipe is such a delicious combination of flavors! Try this dish for a healthy meal on a busy night.
This chipotle chicken taco salad is such a delicious light dinner, and I love having leftovers for lunch. The chipotle lime chicken and the tortilla chips are a wonderful complement to this colorful spread of vegetables and mango.
This bright dish is popular with kids and adults. You might be surprised to see your “picky” eater gobbling this up and asking for seconds. The flavor is that good!
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad Tips
Marinate the chicken for at least an hour for best results. I like to use a zipper bag to marinate the chicken in the refrigerator, but an airtight container works, too.
Fresh corn on the cob is delicious in this chipotle chicken taco salad. If it’s not in season, you can substitute frozen corn or canned corn in this recipe. Brown the corn in a skillet for the best flavor.
Dress the salad just before serving and top it with cilantro if desired. I love the dressing in this recipe, but my citrus vinaigrette is another good option.
Try my slow cooker taco soup for another delicious taco night dinner. The flavor of this soup is so good.
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad
Ingredients for Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. chipotle in adobo sauce diced
- 1 tbs. lime juice
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
Ingredients for Dressing
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs. honey
Additional Ingredients for Salad
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 ear of corn
- 2 scallions
- 1 avocado
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1 mango
- 1 1/2 cups cooked red or black beans
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Cilantro for garnish
- Combine all the chicken ingredients except the chicken breast in a bowl to make a marinade.
- Place the chicken in a zipper bag and pour the marinade in the bag over the chicken. Close the bag securely and then shake it up. Put it in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Grill the chicken. Let it cool, and then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well to mix the dressing. This may be more dressing than you need, so dress according to your taste.
- Cut the corn off the cob and cook it in a dry skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until it just starts to brown.
- Chop the lettuce, scallions, avocado, red pepper, carrots, and mango. Place them in a large salad bowl.
- Add the corns, beans, chicken, tortilla chips, and dressing to taste. Toss the salad. Divide into individual bowls and garnish with cilantro.