This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This easy Crock Pot taco soup is a quick recipe with just 7 ingredients. It’s a flavorful, healthy meal for a busy night, and it costs less than $1 per serving to make this slow cooker taco soup!
This month’s Recipe Redux theme is 7-ingredient-or-less recipes. It’s tax season, so we can all appreciate simple recipes that add up to just a few simple ingredients.
I have to admit that I’m cheating a little here with this recipe. The slow cooker taco soup itself does contain just 7 ingredients, but there’s a good chance you’ll want to top it with one of the additional optional toppings. It tastes great on its own, but this type of soup is just more fun with a little pile of extras on top.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup Tips
This Crock Pot taco soup is similar to chili, but it’s not the same thing. The broth in this recipe makes it into a flavorful soup. We love taco night in my house, and this is a fun way to enjoy it in a different form.
Very little chopping is required for this recipe, so it’s simple to put together ahead of time. After browning the beef and briefly sauteing the onion, the rest of the ingredients just get dumped into the slow cooker. I like to cook it on low for 6 hours, but you can shorten this time if you’re in a hurry.
If you’re using frozen corn or any other frozen ingredients, make sure to defrost them before adding them to the slow cooker. This will allow for safe cooking without the risk of food contamination.
Crock Pot Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 15 oz can tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups corn
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 tbs taco seasoning or more to taste
- Optional toppings: cilantro, grated cheese, avocado, sour cream, scallions
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Once the meat is cooked, place it in a slow cooker, but reserve the fat in the skillet.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and saute for a few minutes to soften it. Transfer the onion, along with any remaining cooking liquid, into the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining soup ingredients to the slow cooker (tomatoes, broth, corn, pinto beans, and taco seasoning). Cook the soup on low for 6 hours. If you’re pressed for time, it can be done in the slow cooker in as little as 2 hours, or you can simmer it on the stovetop for an hour. The longer cook time just gives the ingredients more time to mesh.
- Serve warm with any of the optional toppings.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Crock Pot Taco Soup Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.86 to make, or $.98 per serving. Try this easy taco soup Crockpot recipe for a quick, healthy dinner that your family will love!
Pin it here: