This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Instant Pot ginger carrot soup is the perfect light meal. You don’t even need to turn on the stove to make this delicious gluten-free, vegan soup.
A quick soup recipe is a great meal any time of year. A light bowl of soup makes a simple summer dinner, and it will also warm you up on a cold winter evening. Since I’m a bit impatient in the kitchen, I love to use my Instant Pot for soup recipes.
I love the sweet, savory flavor of this delicious Instant Pot carrot soup. It’s so simple to make, and it’s full of veggie goodness.
The leftovers are perfect for lunch on a busy day. Serve this soup with a bit of crusty bread and a side salad for a light, satisfying meal.
Instant Pot Ginger Carrot Soup Tips
This Instant Pot ginger carrot soup couldn’t be easier to make. Just throw everything in the pressure cooker, set it for 10 minutes, and let the magic pot do the work. After everything is cooked, you can puree the soup with an immersion blender, or blend it with a traditional blender.
Once the soup is pureed, taste it and adjust the seasonings to your liking. I add about a teaspoon of salt and a bit of pepper. If your carrots aren’t very sweet, you may want to add a little pure maple syrup to balance out the flavors. Garnish the soup with any fresh herbs or spices you have on hand, such as fresh thyme or curry powder. Add a bit of full-fat coconut milk if you want a creamier dairy-free soup.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can make this soup on the stove top instead. Place all the ingredients in a large pot, and bring the mixture just to a boil over medium high heat. Then lower the temperature to a simmer and cook, covered, until the carrots are soft. Puree the mixture and serve warm.
Instant Pot Ginger Carrot Soup
- 2 lbs carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tsps minced ginger
- 4 cups broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish optional
- Place the carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, broth, and orange juice in the Instant Pot. Stir the mixture, then place the lid on the pot and turn the valve to the sealing position. Pressure cook the soup on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- After a quick release, puree the mixture with an immersion blender or transfer the cooled mixture to a traditional blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper as well as a bit of maple syrup if needed. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve warm.
This recipe costs a total of $5.41 to make, or $.68 per one cup serving. Try this delicious ginger carrot soup when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen on a summer day.
And visit my other Instant Pot recipes for more easy ideas.
Note: This recipe was first published in 2017, and it was updated in 2022.