This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Instant Pot Ginger Carrot Soup is the perfect light dinner for summer. You don’t even need to turn on the stove! Gluten-free, vegan
This month’s Recipe Redux is all about keeping cool during the summer. Using a slow cooker or pressure cooker is a great dinnertime strategy on a warm day. I’m a bit impatient in the kitchen, which is why I love my Instant Pot.
This recipe for ginger carrot soup couldn’t be easier to make. Just throw everything in the Instant Pot, set it for 10 minutes, and let the magic pot do the work. After everything is cooked, you can puree the soup with an immersion blender or a traditional blender.
Once the soup is pureed, taste it and adjust the seasonings to your liking. I add about a teaspoon of salt and a bit of pepper. If your carrots aren’t very sweet, you may want to add a little pure maple syrup to balance out the flavors. Garnish the soup with any fresh herbs you have on hand.
Instant Pot Ginger Carrot Soup
- 2 lbs carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tsps minced ginger
- 4 cups broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish optional
- Place the carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, broth, and orange juice in the Instant Pot. Cook on Manual for 10 minutes.
- After a quick release, puree the mixture with an immersion blender or transfer the cooled mixture to a traditional blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper as well as a bit of maple syrup if needed. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve warm.
Instant Pot Ginger Carrot Soup Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $5.41 to make, or $.68 per one cup serving. Try this delicious ginger carrot soup when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen on a summer day.
And visit my other Instant Pot recipes for more easy ideas.