This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This peanut ramen noodle salad is a healthy, delicious recipe for lunch or dinner. It also makes a wonderful side dish at a potluck meal. Gluten-free, vegan
Ever since I discovered the healthy gluten-free ramen noodles from Lotus Foods at Costco, I’ve been making this peanut ramen noodle salad.
I call it a salad because it has lots of vegetables in it. Sometimes I vary the specific veggies according to what I have on hand, but I always make sure they’re not an afterthought.
Peanut Ramen Noodle Salad Tips
This dish is delicious warm or cold, and it makes a nice addition to a potluck spread. It’s so hearty, nobody will notice that it’s gluten-free and vegan.
The sauce has such a delicious flavor, especially the next day. I always try to save some of this salad for lunch leftovers. If you reheat this dish, the ramen tends to break into smaller pieces, but it still tastes good.
Another great way to use this gluten-free ramen is this beef broccoli ramen recipe.
Peanut Ramen Noodle Salad
- 3 carrots grated
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 3 tbs tamari
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 3 ramen bricks (7.5 oz)
- In a large bowl, stir together the carrots, red pepper, cabbage, scallions, and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, water, vinegar, tamari, maple syrup, garlic powder, and ginger powder.
- Boil the ramen according to the package directions. Strain it and rinse briefly with cool water. Transfer the noodles to the large bowl with the vegetables, and pour the peanut dressing on top. Stir to coat evenly. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve later at room temperature.
This recipe costs a total of $5.52 to make, or $.92 per serving. Try this delicious salad for a light meal or potluck recipe that everyone will love!