This Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup is such an easy, healthy one-pot dinner recipe! It’s great for a quick meal on a busy night.
After a very long winter, it’s finally time to get outside! As we move into spring and summer, my menu planning gets simpler and simpler. I don’t want to be stuck in the kitchen cooking complicated meals this time of year. I’m excited to partner with Star Market and Shaw’s Supermarkets to share one of my favorite quick, easy dinner recipes featuring their Signature Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
This Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup is so healthy and delicious. The flavors of corn, chili peppers, tomatoes, and beans complement this chicken so well.
I like to use soft corn tortillas in this soup for just the right texture. The Mexican seasonings can be easily adapted to your tastes. After several experimental batches, this recipe is just how my family likes it. If you want a spicier version, add extra chili powder, hot sauce, or hot salsa as a garnish.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Tips
Using an Instant Pot, this recipe comes together so easily. I love that I can sauté the onion in the pot without dirtying another dish, and the chicken cooks right in the soup. It does take a bit of time for the pot to come to pressure at the beginning and to release pressure after the 7 minute cook time. Fortunately, this recipe only takes about 10 minutes of active prep time.
I use a shortcut to shred the chicken since I never enjoy the traditional method of shredding it using two forks. Instead, I place the cooked chicken in the bowl of my stand mixer. In less than a minute, the mixer makes quick work of the chicken, shredding it into perfectly sized pieces.
I appreciate the value of the Signature Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast family pack. The flavor of this chicken is delicious. Signature Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are available here in Massachusetts, exclusively at Star Market and Shaw’s Supermarkets, but you can also find them at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, and Carrs/Safeway.
Visit Star Market to find your local store and to discover other great recipe ideas for seasonal meals.
Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 15 oz. Signature Kitchens® black beans rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 oz. diced chilies
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. Signature Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 6 corn tortillas cut into thin strips
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté. Add the olive oil and the onion, and cook for a few minutes to soften the onion. Then add the black beans, corn, diced chilies, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, lime juice, and seasonings. Stir everything together, then place the chicken breast in the pot.
- Cover the pot and turn the knob to Sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 7 minutes, then allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it using a mixer or two forks. Add the shredded chicken back to the pot, along with the tortilla strips. Stir and let it sit for a minute so the tortilla strips wilt.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, cilantro, and scallions.
Try my Instant Pot beef stew for another easy pressure cooker dinner recipe.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shaw’s and Star Markets. The opinions and text are all mine.