This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Asparagus Leek Frittata is a healthy breakfast or dinner recipe that highlights fresh spring vegetables.
I’ve lived in a lot of scary kitchens over the years. There’s nothing more discouraging to a fledgling home cook than a poorly appointed, uninspiring kitchen. More often than not, these sad kitchens were enough to drive me to take-out.
I’ve finally graduated to a grown-up kitchen, and it’s made all the difference. I firmly believe in the importance of having good kitchen equipment and organization if you want to cook most of your food from scratch. With appliances you can count on and a design that inspires you, it can actually be fun to step into your kitchen and cook a meal.
Luckily, having a nice kitchen doesn’t always require a full remodel. I’m happy to be partnering with Frigidaire and Lowe’s to show how you can transform your space into your dream kitchen on a budget in just one weekend.
Sometimes, kitchen space just needs refreshing. The Frigidaire Professional Collection features professional-grade appliances that fit into standard kitchen spaces. There’s no need to re-do the cabinets and counters to accommodate these high-quality appliances. Available at Lowe’s, this Frigidaire collection includes simply-designed appliances at a variety of price points to accommodate different budgets.
To spruce up your kitchen beyond appliances, Lowe’s is a great resource. They offer hundreds of options for new lighting, tile, faucets, and paint. I’ve found myself walking up and down the aisles of Lowe’s to get inspiration for various home projects over the years.
For less than $6,000, you can bring a dream kitchen into your home using the appliances and materials in the image below. Compared to the $30,000+ price tag of a traditional remodel, this is a bargain.
One appliance that’s non-negotiable in my kitchen is a gas stove. I love how precisely I can control the heat with gas burners. I use cast iron pans just about every day, and they heat up well over a gas flame. The Frigidaire Professional range includes extra features like convection baking and power burners to help with specialized cooking.
This Asparagus Leek Frittata recipe highlights the precision that a high-quality gas stove brings to a recipe. I sauté the chopped bacon, leeks, and asparagus on the stove top before baking the frittata.
Once the pan heats up, a medium-low flame is perfect for cooking these ingredients without letting the bacon get too crispy or the asparagus too soggy.
If you have leftover asparagus, try my roasted asparagus recipe.
Asparagus Leek Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 slices good-quality bacon chopped
- 4 asparagus spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium leeks thinly sliced
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and scramble until uniform in color. Stir in the salt. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-low heat, cook the chopped bacon for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly. I prefer it to be cooked through but not crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon once you’ve reached the desired texture, and leave the grease in the pan. Set the bacon aside.
- Add the asparagus and leeks to the pan. Cover and cook the vegetables in the bacon grease over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until tender.
- Return the cooked bacon to the pan and pour the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until set.
Asparagus Leek Frittata Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $5.01 to make, or $.63 per piece. Try this Asparagus Leek Frittata for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
What are your dream kitchen ideas? Please share in the comments below, and visit Lowe’s for inspiration.