This Instant Pot butternut squash soup is a quick, easy recipe for fall. It’ll make the perfect healthy addition to your holiday table.
We get lots of butternut squash soup in our farm share every fall, and I’m always looking for new ways to use it. My family doesn’t love plain squash, so I need to be creative. I’m excited to partner with Dole Packaged Foods in sharing this easy, delicious recipe that earned my family’s seal of approval.
Years ago, I put squash soup into our meal rotation in the fall. It’s so easy to make, with just a few basic ingredients. I normally put a carrot and an apple in my butternut squash soup, but this recipe uses a shortcut.
The Dole Fruit and Veggie Blend that includes mango, carrot, and banana gives this soup just the right amount of sweetness. And with this convenient freezer blend on hand, I no longer have to chop an apple or peel a carrot to make my Instant Pot squash soup. I just toss all the ingredients in the Instant Pot, set it to cook for 8 minutes, and puree it once it’s done cooking. So easy!
Instant Pot Squash Soup Flavor Tips
There are so many different ways to flavor squash soup. It’s important to taste the soup after pureeing it and adjusting the seasonings to your tastes if needed.
For a spicier version, add extra hot sauce. For an extra bold autumn flavor, double the cinnamon and nutmeg. This soup doesn’t need any added sweetener because the Dole Fruit and Veggie Blend is sweet enough on its own.
You may want to add a splash of coconut milk as a garnish that gives the soup extra creaminess. No matter how you flavor it, this is a great basic recipe for Instant Pot butternut squash soup that couldn’t be easier to make.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 lbs butternut squash chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups Dole Mango/Carrot Veggie Blend
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce optional
- Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot. Set the pot to manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once the 8-minute cook time is complete, let the pot release its pressure naturally for 5 minutes, then carefully release the remaining pressure.
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender, or transfer it in batches to a blender or food processor to puree. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Serve warm, drizzled with coconut milk if desired.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $5.32 to make, or $.89 per one-cup serving. For less than a dollar per cup, you can enjoy this delicious, fall-inspired Instant Pot squash soup.
Note: This post is sponsored by Dole Packaged Foods. All opinions are my own.