This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This cilantro lime chicken is so full of flavor! It’s a delicious, healthy recipe that can be served as a main dish or an addition to tacos. (gluten-free, dairy-free)
I like to have lots of quick chicken recipes available for busy nights. Cold dishes like chicken salad and one pan meals like this sheet pan chicken curry are easy meals to put on the table in a hurry.
Another simple chicken dinner is this cilantro lime chicken recipe. It’s so flavorful and delicious. I love the marinade, which is bursting with the flavors of lime, cilantro, and chipotle peppers. The peppers give it a unique savory taste, and the lime and cilantro add complexity.
Cilantro Lime Chicken Tips
This cilantro lime chicken only needs to marinate for about 30 minutes, and it cooks up quickly. I like to brown it on the stovetop first, then move it to the oven.
Use a meat thermometer to monitor the temperature of the chicken. When it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken, it’s done. I start checking the temperature after the chicken has been in the oven for about 15 minutes.
You can serve this chicken lots of different ways. I like it with a simple salad and rice on the side. It’s also delicious in tacos, and you could use it for a taco salad as well. However you serve it, you’ll love the flavor of this chicken.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 1 3/4 lbs chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Make the marinade by combining the olive oil, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle peppers, and salt. Place the chicken is a shallow container and pour the marinade over the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet on the stove over medium heat. Transfer the chicken and marinade into the skillet. Cook for one to two minutes (or until beginning to brown), then flip the chicken and cook on the other side for a minute.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. (Start checking after around 15 minutes unless the chicken breasts are very thick. It will be dry if you overcook it.)
- Serve warm.
Note: This recipe was originally published in 2018, and it was updated in 2019.