This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This roasted chili lime nut mix is a delicious homemade food gift for the holidays. It’s also a healthy, addictive snack that you’ll enjoy all year long!
There are so many delicious snacks floating around during the holidays. From cookie swaps and fudge from the neighbors to holiday cakes and cinnamon rolls, the treats seem to be never-ending. I like to mix in some healthy homemade food gifts to balance out all the sweets this time of year.
This chili lime nut mix is one of those healthier gifts. It’s hard to stop eating these once you get started. There’s just something about the chili lime combination that’s irresistible. You can double the amount of chili powder if you want a spicier mix, and add more honey for something a little sweeter.
This batch yields 3 cups of nuts. You can easily double or triple the recipe to make a big batch for gifts. But be sure to keep some for yourself – this is a great healthy snack to help get you through the busy days of December.
Chili Lime Nut Mix
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanuts, walnuts, and pistachio nuts. Set aside.
- Zest the lime and measure out a tablespoon of lime juice. Place these ingredients in a small bowl and stir in the honey. Pour these wet ingredients over the nuts, and stir to coat evenly.
- Combine the chili powder and the salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle these seasonings over the nuts, and stir again to evenly distribute the seasonings. Taste the nuts, and add extra seasonings if desired.
- Transfer the nuts to a 9 by 13 inch baking pan (or similar). Roast them in the 325 degree oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely before transferring the nuts to an airtight container for storage.
Chili Lime Nut Mix Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.33 to make, or $.53 per quarter cup serving. If you’re giving these away as gifts, you’ll spend $2.11 per cup of these nuts. This is a great price for a healthy homemade food gift!
And try my maple gingerbread popcorn for another great homemade holiday food gift.