Fiesta Popcorn Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This fiesta popcorn recipe is a delicious, healthy, affordable snack with a Mexican twist. It’s perfect for a party because kids and adults will love it.
Homemade popcorn is one of the easiest, most affordable real food snacks you can make. That’s why I make sure to always have popcorn kernels on hand. If my children have a last-minute play date after school and there’s “nothing to eat,” I can always pop some popcorn to make a sweet or savory snack. Everyone loves it, and it’s perfect for family movie night or a snack on the road.
This fiesta popcorn recipe is a breeze to make, especially if you keep homemade taco seasoning on hand. It’s addictive, so you shouldn’t expect to have leftovers if you’re feeding a group of hungry kids or adults. For a sweet popcorn snack, try my chocolate popcorn recipe or my maple gingerbread popcorn recipe.
Fiesta Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 3 tbs. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and melt the coconut oil.
- Pop the popcorn kernels. I use an air popper, but you can use whatever method works for you.
- Pour the coconut oil over the popcorn and stir to coat. Then sprinkle the taco seasoning on the popcorn and mix it until the popcorn is evenly covered by the seasoning.
- Place the popcorn in the oven in a roasting pan. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring every couple minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack. Store the popcorn in an airtight container.
Fiesta Popcorn Recipe Price Breakdown
This batch yields about 13 cups of popcorn and it costs a total of $.98, or $.16 per 2-cup serving. You read that right – it costs less than a dollar to make this entire batch. Try this delicious fiesta popcorn recipe the next time you’re in the mood for a savory snack.
Note: The images in this post were updated in 2018.
What an awesome idea!! I just recently bought an air-popper and am obsessed!! This seasoning idea sounds great :).
Thanks, Hannah! I hope you enjoy your new air-popper. Popcorn is definitely one of the easiest snacks to make.
I’ve never thought of putting taco seasoning on popcorn. I love it!
Thanks, Jill. Quick and easy!
Yum, looks good! Love a savory popcorn.