This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This maple gingerbread popcorn recipe is a delicious, healthy, affordable snack. It also makes a great homemade holiday gift.
Popcorn is one of the easiest, most affordable real food snacks. By eliminating some of the higher cost ingredients found in baked goods, making flavored popcorn is a great alternative treat. This recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegan, and at $.27 per serving, you can’t beat the price.
The recipe below generates about 13 cups, but you can easily double it and put it in a pretty package for a simple homemade holiday gift. Your friends will thank you, but be sure to save some for yourself.
Check out this post about coconut oil popcorn. There are so many different ways to flavor this easy, healthy snack!
Maple Gingerbread Popcorn
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels generates 15 cups popped
- 3 tbs. coconut oil
- 3 tbs. maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pop the popcorn. I use this air popper, but any popping method will work.
- Place the solid coconut oil in a large roasting pan or on a cookie sheet that has sides. Put the pan in the oven until the oil melts.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the maple syrup and spices. Stir to combine.
- Add the popped popcorn to the pan and stir so that the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, stirring every couple minutes. Once it starts to brown a little, it's done.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Approximate Nutrition Info
Maple Gingerbread Popcorn Price Breakdown
This recipe costs $1.64 to make, or $.27 per 2-cup serving. In addition, I paid $1.25 for each of the gift boxes. So for $1.52 each, I put together these wonderful little treats to give away for the holidays. If you’re looking for a great homemade holiday gift or sweet treat for a get-together, this is the perfect thing.
Gingerbread Popcorn is part of my Homemade Popcorn Holiday Gift Set post as well. You can make up a larger batch of the spice topping and package it with some organic popping corn kernels for another fabulous holiday gift.