These Oven Baked French Fries are a healthy side dish to serve with so many different types of meals. Easy to make and delicious!
Potatoes are my vice.
French fries, potato chips, twice-baked, mashed – I love them all. These are the comfort foods I reach for on a stressful day. There are worse vices out there, so I don’t feel even a little guilty when I indulge in my potato habit.
I could happily serve potatoes as our dinnertime side dish seven nights a week. I don’t, but I could. When I recently served these simple Oven Baked French Fries with dinner, my family raved about them. “Are these on your blog?” one of the kids asked. “You should post these.” High praise from my children!
You don’t need to fry potatoes in oil to get a delicious flavor. These baked fries are dressed simply with olive oil, salt, and herbs. Experiment with your favorite seasonings to develop your perfect French fry. Fresh herbs are wonderful on these, but dried herbs work too. I use different seasonings every time, and they always turn out delicious.
Oven Baked French Fries
- 2 lbs red skin or gold potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs mixed fresh herbs (thyme, chives, rosemary, parsley, etc.)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes and peel them if desired.
- Cut the potatoes into strips. The exact size doesn’t matter, but try to keep them uniform so they’ll cook evenly. I typically try to get them to be about 3 inches long and 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle them with olive oil, and use your hands to mix them up so they’re evenly coated with oil.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and herbs.
- Bake for 7 minutes, then carefully flip the potatoes. Bake for another 7 minutes on the other side. Check to see if they’re tender yet. If not, bake for a few more minutes, checking regularly. The fries are done when they’re tender and light brown.
- Serve immediately, or cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Oven Baked French Fries Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $2.38 to make, or $.60 per serving. Try these Oven Baked French Fries for a healthy side dish full of flavor.