This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Pumpkin French Toast is a delicious fall recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s great for cooking with kids, and you can freeze the leftovers.
French toast is very popular in my house. Whether we eat it on a weekend morning or as breakfast for dinner, my family is always happy to see it on the table.
This pumpkin French toast is a delicious treat that captures the flavors of fall. Serve it with a little pure maple syrup and some berries for a satisfying meal.
You can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it in the morning. Or if you’re cooking at breakfast time, you can keep the first few pieces warm in the oven while you’re baking the remaining French toast.
This is a great recipe to cook with children. Younger kids can crack the eggs and dip the bread in the batter. Older ones can watch the pumpkin French toast in the pan and flip it when it’s ready. It’s a forgiving recipe, so it’s okay if it cooks for a little too long or falls apart. It will still taste great.
Try my baked apple French toast casserole for another delicious fall breakfast.
Pumpkin French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbs butter
- 12 slices thick whole grain bread
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Turn the heat down to medium low.
- Dip a piece of bread into the egg mixture. Let it soak for several seconds so it gets saturated.
- Carefully transfer the bread to the skillet. Cook the bread over medium heat for about two minutes on each side, until well browned. Poke the center of the French toast with the corner of a spatula to peek inside and see if it’s cooked through. It should be moist, but not very mushy.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of bread. As each piece is cooked, place it in a covered casserole dish in the warm oven so everyone can eat together.
- Serve warm with pure maple syrup.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Pumpkin French Toast Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.75, or $.63 per serving. Try this French toast is a delicious, affordable recipe to celebrate the fall season.