This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Lemon Broccoli pasta is a quick, easy dinner recipe that’s healthy too. Best of all, it costs just over $1 per serving!
This Lemon Broccoli Pasta is a delicious, easy recipe to put on the table for dinner. If you walk through the door at 5:30, you can be eating this meal by 6:00. The flavorful lemon topping mixes well with the savory dried tomatoes and Parmesan. My children enjoy this meal too, which makes it a winner in our house.
My husband and I used to make this dish all the time before we had kids. I always used pine nuts in the past, but their price has become astronomical. I recently saw a tiny package of pine nuts for $13.49 at the grocery store. This is way out of my league, so now I use walnuts instead to add a little extra protein and nuttiness. This dish is very flexible, so you can substitute or add other vegetables you have on hand.
Lemon Broccoli Pasta
- 12 ounces whole wheat or gluten-free pasta about 8 cups cooked
- 3 cups broccoli florets (6 ounces)
- 3 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1½ tbs maple syrup
- ¼ cup diced walnuts or pine nuts
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions, Drain and set aside.
- Pour ¼ cup water into a large skillet. Add the broccoli to the skillet, cover it, and steam the broccoli over medium high heat for 1 minute. Remove the top and cook over medium heat for another minute to remove most of the water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the red pepper to the skillet. Saute the broccoli and red pepper (covered) over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the dried tomatoes, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, and last tablespoon of olive oil. Stir everything together and cook for another minute.
- Add the pasta to the skillet, stir, and heat over medium low for 30 seconds to combine the flavors.
- Serve warm. Garnish with nuts and grated Parmesan.
Lemon Broccoli Pasta Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.54 to make, or $1.09 per hearty serving (2¼ cups). Lemon Broccoli Pasta is a delicious, one-dish recipe that goes on the table quickly and satisfies kids and adults.
For other easy dinner recipes, check out my roundup of 20 quick dinner ideas from around the web.