This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This healthy raspberry chocolate frosting recipe was an accidental discovery in my kitchen. A few months ago, I made these delicious, healthy raspberry chocolate truffles. The first batch of truffle batter I made was too thin to form into truffles, so I put it away in the fridge and got to work on a thicker version. The second batch of truffles came out perfectly, but I was left with that other container of something else in the refrigerator.
Later that day, it occurred to me what that “something else” was. It was the exact texture of frosting. I had unintentionally stumbled upon a delicious, clean eating chocolate frosting recipe with no added sugar. I love being able to make guilt-free treats for my family, so this was a welcome discovery. Dates are a wonderful sweetener in this recipe, as they sweeten without overpowering the primary flavors of chocolate and raspberry. This frosting tastes delicious on vanilla or chocolate cupcakes. You can also use it as a filling in homemade toaster pastries.
Clean Eating Raspberry Chocolate Frosting
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 9 Medjool dates
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tsp water if needed
- Melt the coconut oil and let it come to room temperature.
- In a food processor, combine the raspberries, dates, coconut oil, vanilla, and cocoa powder. Process for about a minute, or until a smooth frosting is formed. You’ll need to scrape down the sides a few times. If it's too thick to spread on cupcakes, thin it with a teaspoon or two of water.
- This batch is enough to frost a dozen cupcakes. I use this fun cupcake decorating tool, but any frosting method will work. Store at room temperature.
Raspberry Chocolate Frosting Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.95 to make, or $.33 per serving. Clean eating raspberry chocolate frosting is the perfect guilt-free indulgence.
Do you wonder where I get the numbers for my recipe price breakdowns? Check out my Price Chart to see how much all the ingredients in this recipe cost me here in Massachusetts.