This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Instant Pot Pineapple Fried Rice is a delicious, easy recipe that’s so much healthier than takeout. Great Hawaii-inspired comfort food flavor in this gluten-free lunch or dinner!
I got an Instant Pot for Christmas, and I’ve been playing with it quite a bit. This multi-cooker has several functions, including pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and yogurt maker. It makes rice and steel cut oatmeal to perfection in less time than it takes to make them on the stovetop. It also cooks meat really well as the pressure cooker technique helps keep in the moisture.
I’m still experimenting with different recipes, but I’ve already made this Hawaiian fried rice three times. It’s such a delicious combination of flavors. I love having leftovers like this for a quick, hearty lunch while I’m working. With its sweet and savory flavors, I’m not left craving anything after I eat a bowl of this fried rice.
This recipe can be easily made on the stove if you don’t have an Instant Pot. Simply cook the rice according to the package directions and set it aside. Cook the remaining ingredients in a large skillet, then add in the cooked rice and serve.
Hawaiian Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 6 oz cooked ham chopped into cubes (about 2 cups)
- 3 eggs lightly scrambled
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice uncooked and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- Chopped scallions for garnish
- Place the olive oil, onion, and red pepper in the Instant Pot and set to Saute. Stir the onions and peppers a few times while sauteing. Once they’re softened, add the ham and stir. Then add the beaten eggs and stir for a couple minutes, until they’re cooked through.
- Add the brown rice, water, soy sauce, and chopped pineapple to the Instant Pot. Cover, turn the vent to Sealing, and select Manual. Set the manual time to 24 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the rice has been cooked for 24 minutes, let it sit in Keep Warm mode for 5 minutes before venting and opening the pot. Divide the rice into bowls and garnish with scallions.
Instant Pot Pineapple Fried Rice Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $7.67 to make, or $1.28 per serving. Try this Instant Pot pineapple fried rice for a healthy, easy alternative to takeout.