This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These Instant Pot Sloppy Joes have the best flavor! This is an easy, healthy dinner recipe with a tropical twist that’s on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Sloppy joes are so fun for a casual dinner. Anything with the word “sloppy” in the title has to be good, right?
We love classic sloppy joes in my house, but sometimes I like to mix it up. These Hawaiian sloppy joes have such a delicious flavor with the addition of pineapple, soy sauce (tamari), ginger, and garlic. And with my Instant Pot, I can have this meal on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes Tips
You can adjust the seasonings in this recipe to suit your tastes. Try a spoonful of the sloppy joe mixture after it’s done cooking. Add up to an additional tablespoon of tamari, along with extra ginger and garlic powder, if desired. You could also sprinkle it with salt if you’d prefer.
If the mixture isn’t as thick as you’d like after it’s done cooking, you can adjust that, too. Simply set the pot to Saute and let the mixture simmer for a couple minutes, uncovered, until it reaches the thickness you’d like.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can still make this recipe. Just brown the meat and soften the veggies in a large pot, then simmer the ingredients for about 30 minutes.
This recipe is delicious served on rolls or over baked potatoes. The leftovers are even better the next day!
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small green pepper diced
- 1 cup crushed pineapple drained
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbs tamari or to taste
- 1 tsp ginger powder or to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute. Add the olive oil and ground beef to the pot. Break up the beef with a spatula and cook until brown.
- Add the onion and green pepper to the beef, and continue to cook on Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed pineapple, tomato sauce, tamari, ginger powder, and garlic powder to the pot. Stir to coat evenly, then cover the pot and turn the vent to Sealing. Cook on Manual for 10 minutes. After the 10 minute cook time, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the pressure manually. Taste the mixture, and add additional seasonings as desired (extra tamari, ginger powder, garlic powder, or salt).
- Serve on rolls or over potatoes with your favorite slaw.
Pressure Cooker Sloppy Joes Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $9.80 to make, or $1.23 per serving. Try this easy recipe for a quick, healthy dinner.
Visit my other Instant Pot recipes for more inspiration about how to use my favorite kitchen appliance!