This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These strawberry spinach crepes are a delicious breakfast recipe full of healthy ingredients. The gluten-free crepes are easy to put together.
I posted a fruity breakfast crepe recipe a few days ago, and today I have a more savory version. I love the combination of savory and sweet, and these crepes are a great way to enjoy that combination.
Strawberries and spinach are in season at the same time here in Massachusetts, so this is a great dish to serve in the spring. The lemon-lime dressing is a perfect complement to the flavor of the strawberries. If you double the crepe recipe, you’ll have a dozen extra crepes to put in the freezer for a day when you want something special to eat but you don’t feel like cooking!
Strawberry Spinach Crepes
Ingredients for the Crepes
- 2/3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted ghee or butter
Ingredients for the Filling
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 scallions sliced thin
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- To make the crepes, mix together the batter the night before you plan to make them. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the first three ingredients. Slowly add the milk and ghee until combined.
- Refrigerate the batter overnight.
- In the morning, stir the batter and heat a bit of ghee in your crepe pan over medium heat. Pour enough batter into the pan to make a thin crepe, swirling the pan around to cover evenly. When the bottom is beginning to brown (after about 2 minutes), carefully flip the crepe and cook the other side for about 10 seconds. If it’s difficult to flip, you may need to cook it a little longer. Once both sides are lightly browned, carefully remove the crepe from the pan and continue with the rest of the batter. This makes about 12 crepes.
- Prepare the spinach, strawberries, and scallions, and stir them together in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining 5 ingredients in a small bowl, and add the dressing to the large bowl.
- Stir well to coat the spinach and strawberries with the dressing.
- Distribute the filling among the crepes and serve immediately.
Approximate Nutrition Info
This recipe may contain affiliate links. A purchase or click through one of these links may result in a commission paid to us at no additional cost to you.
Strawberry Spinach Crepes Price Breakdown
This batch of 12 crepes costs a total of $4.04 to make. It makes six servings of two crepes each, which comes out to $.67 per serving. This brings me again to the $8.00 crepes that I encountered throughout the streets of Montreal last summer. I’m so happy that I can make a whole batch of wonderful crepes for such an affordable price.