This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This strawberry spinach salad is a delicious way to eat your greens. The sweet, creamy dressing is the perfect topping for this healthy salad recipe.
This simple strawberry spinach salad is a delicious way to eat your greens. We get a lot of spinach from our farm share, and it’s in season alongside strawberries. I try to wash my spinach right when I get home from the farm, then I store it to maximize its shelf life.
My kids don’t always go for the healthy food I put on the table, but this salad is a hit with them. The strawberries and the sweet, creamy dressing distract them from the fact that they’re eating a mouthful of spinach. You can improvise with different add-ins like almonds, avocado, and scallions. This basic version is delicious on its own, though.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 4 cups spinach loosely packed (about 3 ounces)
- 8 ounces medium strawberries sliced
- 1/2 medium cucumber quartered and sliced
- 1/4 cup cheese grated or slivered
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Chop the spinach and place it in a large bowl. Add the sliced strawberries, cucumber, and cheese.
- In a small jar, combine the yogurt, maple syrup, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Shake to combine well.
- When ready to eat, pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
Strawberry Spinach Salad Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $3.00 to make, or $.75 per serving. This strawberry spinach salad is a healthy, delicious side dish recipe that highlights June produce.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy spinach? This green smoothie is another sneaky way to add some greens to your diet.