The rhubarb is coming up in my garden, and I wanted to start the season with something other than strawberry-rhubarb pie. I love strawberry and rhubarb together, but there are so many other ways to go with rhubarb. This gluten-free, dairy-free cobbler is a great combination of tart and sweet. I topped it with homemade vanilla ice cream, but to keep it dairy-free you can eat it plain or add coconut milk ice cream on top. Hello, summer!
Ingredients for the filling:
2 cups chopped rhubarb
4 cups mixed cherries and berries (I used Trader Joe’s frozen “Cherry Blend” which includes cherries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
1 tbs. arrowroot (or other) starch
1 tbs. maple syrup
Ingredients for the cobbler topping:
1½ cups almond flour
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking powder
2 tbs. melted coconut oil
3 tbs. maple syrup
2 tbs. almond or rice milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the filling ingredients and pour them into an 8×8 pan.
- For the cobbler topping, mix together the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Evenly cover the fruit with the cobbler topping.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the topping is cooked through.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.