This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
These strawberry rhubarb muffins are bursting with the fruit flavors of spring. They make a healthy snack or breakfast on the go. Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
Muffins are one of my favorite go-to snacks. I try to make two batches of muffins every week so my kids can have a healthier alternative to packaged snacks when they come home from school. And when I get hit with mid-morning hunger, I like to grab a muffin and some fruit to get me through until lunchtime.
Strawberry and rhubarb make one of the classic flavor combinations of spring. To give these muffins an extra special touch, I make a simple crumble topping using coconut sugar. It has a sweet, earthy flavor that goes so well with the strawberries and rhubarb. Coconut sugar is less expensive than honey and pure maple syrup, and it has a lower glycemic impact. It makes the perfect sweetener for these muffins!
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins
For crumb topping
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbs gluten-free flour
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 tsp soft coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, coconut sugar, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to this mixture and stir to combine. Then stir in the strawberries and rhubarb.
- To make the crumb topping, place the coconut sugar, flour, cinnamon, and coconut oil in a food processor. Process the ingredients until crumbly.
- Transfer the muffin batter to the muffin pan, and top each muffin with some crumb topping.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins Price Breakdown
This recipe costs a total of $6.06 to make, or $.51 per muffin. Try these strawberry rhubarb muffins for a delicious taste of spring!